- IPPBX Solution
- IPPBX System
- IP Phones
- Voip Gateway
- Access Control
- Security Company Licence (Type III) issued by
The Security & Guarding Service Industry Authority,HKSAR
Security Company Licence 保安公司牌照 : 1702
- About us
Auto Provisioning Fanvil X3, X5 and X5G IP Phones for 3CX Phone System
This guide shows you how to automatically provision the Fanvil X3/X3P and X5/X5G IP phones for use with 3CX Phone System. This guide has been tested with the latest firmware versions supported by 3CX Phone System 12 & 12.5.
The easiest way to set up your Fanvil X3/X3P and X5/X5G IP phones for use with 3CX Phone System for Windows is by taking advantage of the built-in plug and play provisioning features 3CX Phone System provides. By auto provisioning, your Fanvil phone configures itself by retrieving a 3CX-generated phone configuration file. If you prefer configuring your phone using the DHCP and option 66, check out this DHCP Option 66 Configuration guide.
Step 1: Verify the Firmware on Your Fanvil X3/X3P and X5/X5G IP Phones
Important Note: Supported firmware version for Fanvil X3 is: v.22.214.171.1242. Supported firmware version for Fanvil X5 is: v.1.2.275.1193.
You’ll need to verify that the firmware version that’s currently installed on your Fanvil phone is the latest supported version. To check which firmware is installed on your Fanvil phone:
- X3: Power up the phone and press the “>>” softkey (under the screen) twice > Press the “i” softkey> Scroll down to “Software” to see your firmware version.
- X5: Power up the phone and press “Menu” > “Status” and scroll down to “Software” to see your firmware version.
3CX Phone System users that have a 3CX Maintenance Agreement can update their Fanvil firmware from within 3CX Phone System by logging into the 3CX Management Console. To do this, go to the Phones node, select your Fanvil phone and click on the Upgrade Firmware button.
It might be required to factory reset your phone after a firmware update to ensure that any previous configuration is erased. To factory reset your phone:
- X3: Press the “>>” softkey (under the screen) twice > Press the “Settings” softkey (Wrench icon) > Press the “>>” softkey twice > Press followed by “✓”
- X5: Go to “Menu” > “Settings” > “Advanced Settings” > Enter the admin password, default “123” > Reset to Default > “Yes”
Step 2A: Provisioning a Fanvil X3, X5 and X5G IP Phones Using Plug and Play
To begin Plug and Play provisioning plug your Fanvil phone into the same LAN subnet as the PBX and power it up. Make sure you’ve plugged your phone into the same LAN subnet as the machine that has 3CX installed on it (3CX Phone System must run on port 5060) and that the phone has been reset to factory settings. If you are trying to provision an extension in a remote network (WAN) in a different subnet, or on a PBX whose default port is not 5060 please skip this step and see Step 2B.
Now you need to approve the Fanvil’s registration and assign an extension to it. It’s really easy to do. Simply follow these steps:
- Click on the “Phones” node within the 3CX Management Console.
- When you’ve plugged in your Fanvil phone, you will see it appear at the top of the list in bold.
- Right click on phone and select one of the available options:
- Add Extension – This will create a new extension and assign it to the specific phone.
- Assign to Existing Extension – This will assign an existing extension to the specific phone.
- Assign or create an extension and click “OK”.
- You will be taken to the Extensions settings page.
- To configure BLF function keys or speed dials in the “Phone Provisioning” tab see the Optional Step at the end of this guide.
- Click “OK”.
3CX Phone System will send a provisioning link to your Fanvil phone. Once your phone receives the link, it will download the configuration file and reboot itself . Once the phone is rebooted it will be ready to use.
Step 2B: Provisioning a Fanvil X3/X3P and X5/X5G Using a Provisioning Link
- Log in to your 3CX Management Console.
- Go to the extensions node and create or select the extension that you want to assign to your Fanvil IP Phone.
- Click on the Phone provisioning tab and fill in your phone’s MAC Address. You can find the MAC Address of your Fanvil phone by turning the phone over and looking at the MAC sticker on the back. Select the Model from the drop down list, according to the one you are configuring.
- Select your “Phone Display Language”.
- If you are provisioning an extension in a remote network, make sure that the “Select Provisioning Method”is set to “Remote Extension (STUN)”. When choosing this option, you also need to uncheck the “Disallow use of extension outside the LAN” option in the “Options” tab. If you are provisioning an extension in another subnet select “Local Lan”.
- If you want to change your Codec Priority or configure BLFs please see the Optional Step at the end of this Guide. Click “OK” when you have selected your desired settings to save them.
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select the “Phone Provisioning” node. Copy the “External Provisioning URL” (or the Internal one if you are provisioning an extension in a local subnet) as that will be used in the next step.
This procedure will create a provisioning file for your Fanvil IP Phone. The next step will be to instruct the phone to retrieve that file.
Getting your Remote Fanvil IP Phone to Register with 3CX
- Start up your Fanvil IP phone and identify its IP address. To find your phone’s IP address, simply press the“OK” key on the phone and then select Status. In this example we’re going to assume that the IP address of your Fanvil phone is 10.172.0.208 and the External FQDN of the server (or PC) where 3CX Phone System is installed is “pbx.local”.
- Point your browser to the web interface of your Fanvil series phone, which in this example ishttp://10.172.0.208.
- Enter your phone’s login credentials – by default the username and password to log in to your Fanvil IP Phone Web Interface is: “admin”.
- Select the “Auto Provision” tab. Expand the “DHCP Option” and select “Disabled” from the drop down menu.
- Expand the “SIP Plug and Play (PnP)” and uncheck the “Enable SIP PnP” checkbox,
- Expand the “Static Provisioning Server” section. Paste the link that you copied in step 7 of Part 2B into the ‘Server Address’ field as shown above. In the “Configuration File Name” entry field, enter the phone’s MAC address with .cfg resolution. Select in Protocol Type “HTTP” and in Update Mode select “Update After Reboot”.
- Click “Apply” and switch to the “Tools” tab. Click “Reboot” to reboot your phone. Note that it might take a couple of minutes before your Fanvil Phone retrieves the necessary files and applies the configuration.
Optional Step- Configure BLF Function Keys for Your X5/X5G IP Phones
The Fanvil phones have function keys that can be provisioned through the 3CX Plug and Play feature. This can be done in the 3CX Management Console from the “Phone Provisioning” tab, in the extension settings.
- In the Edit Extension page, navigate to the “Phone Provisioning” tab.
- Select Codec Priority, BLF function keys, Shared Parking and other various types of Speed Dials.
- Click “OK“.
To apply this new configuration you will need to re-provision your Fanvil IP Phone. Go to the “Phones” node in the 3CX Management Console, select your phone and click “Reprovision Phones” from the top row of buttons.
Matrix is VOIP , Asterisk & Elastix Professional Consultancy Company. We based in Hong Kong and Shenzhen,China.
We are able to make all your branches to be connected, it is your own One Communication Platform that is you desire
Recent Posts Widget
- Fanvil Phones are fully compatible with Broadsoft R21By 28voip on February 4, 2017
- Fanvil New X & H series are fully compatible with 3CX V15By 28voip on November 22, 2016
- Fanvil Introduces new X3S entry level color screen IP PhoneBy 28voip on July 24, 2016
- Fanvil Smart Video Phone C600 Wins Most Innovative Product at ITEXPO Anaheim 2015By 28voip on October 22, 2015
- 3CX “Plugs and Plays” with Fanvil X-series IP PhonesBy 28voip on August 22, 2015
- How to connect Elastix and Sipdex FXO Gateway by SIP TrunkBy 28voip on May 9, 2015
- Sipdex T1 GWT1 Gateway Connect to Elastix Setup GuideBy 28voip on May 2, 2015
- Sipdex T1 Gateway Interoperability Guide GWT1 & 3CX Phone SystemBy 28voip on April 22, 2015
- Sipdex IPPBX full compatibility with HKBN SIP TrunkBy 28voip on March 25, 2015
- Elastix Announces Interoperability With Fanvil X Series & C SeriesBy 28voip on February 4, 2015
Matrix Technology (HK) ltd
保安公司牌照 (第三類): 1702
2-8 Kung Yip Street, Kwai Chung,
NT, Hong Kong. 香港 新界 葵涌 工業街 2 - 8 號
力豐工業大廈 4樓 G室
Shenzhen Support Center | 深圳 支援中心 : Room 509, Block 1 Arts and Crafts Building, Zhenhua Road, Futian, Shenzhen, Guandong, China
廣東省 深圳市 福田區 振華路55號 工藝大廈1棟 509室
- Tel+ 852 3900 1900
- Fax+ 852 3900 1999